Vista Del Mar's "Arts Enrichment" Program
Elevate Hope Foundation exclusively supports Vista Del Mar’s Arts Enrichment Program (AEP). AEP serves two populations:
- Severely emotionally disturbed youth who attend the Vista School and/or live in Vista’s residential program.
- Children with autism spectrum disorder and other pervasive developmental disorders who attend the Baron School on campus or participate in after school programs through Vista’s Autism Resource Center.
Vista Del Mar’s “Arts Enrichment Program” reaches these special needs populations through experiential creative classes. The program includes acting, dance, voice, art, drumming, design, music recording, song writing, choir, and photography.
The primary purpose of the Arts Enrichment Program is to give youth the opportunity to develop their creative potential, self-esteem, self-expression, critical thinking skills, and the ability to cooperate with others – skills vital to a successful life.
Vista Del Mar does not receive any public funds for the Arts Enrichment Program. It entirely relies on support from private sources. Last year the Arts Enrichment Program served 296 youth.
How does the Arts Enrichment Program help the children?
- Outlet for creative expression
- Greater ability to express feelings
- Decrease in expression of anger
- Increase in self-confidence
- Greater desire to attend school
- Opportunity to practice/learn socialization skills
- Improves self-esteem
- Enhances learning & motor skills
Quotes From The Kids
“Somehow when I participate in the program I feel more positive because I have my mind focused on something I enjoy like singing and I see a difference in my behavior.” DANNY
“Enrichment has made me happy about going to school” DOMINIQUE
“I just want to say that this class has helped me and now I am way more confident about myself. There is no way you can make this better. I love your class” GUADALUPE
“I’ve been a lot happier since I’ve been in the program.” RYAN
“Enrichment has changed me to the better. If there is anything I can do, I would never change enrichment. And, I also think every kid should join to show how talented they are. I love enrichment.” ASHLEY